Crab Fried Rice is a classic and much loved Thai dish, characterized by its delicate flavours. This tasty Thai-style fried rice recipe is so easy that anyone can make at home.
1 Cup Jasmine rice
2 Tbsp oil
180g lump crab meat
1½ Tsp salt
1 Tbsp Fish sauce
¼ tsp White pepper
½ Lee Kum Kee Panda Oyster sauce
3 cloves of garlic, minced
2 Tbsp chopped spring onion
¼ Fresh Lime
1. Cook rice according to the package and set aside. Be careful not to overcook it (or use leftover rice).
2. Whisk egg with ½ tsp salt and set aside.
3. In a wok, preheat oil on medium heat. Add minced garlic and saute until fragrant.
4. Add crab meat and saute for a minute.
5. Add rice and mix well. Move all the rice to one side of the pan.
6. Pour whisked egg mixture to the free side and let it sit there until almost cooked.
7. Start mixing in rice and egg until evenly incorporated throughout.
8. Add oyster sauce, salt, pepper and mix well.
9. Add Spring onion and squeeze lime juice all over and mix well.
10. Serve immediately and top with some chopped spring onion.
Find your nearest Asian Store