These crunchy, sweet cornflake cookies are absolutely addictive and really easy to make. You will be hard-pressed to stop yourself from reaching out for more!
Cooking Time: 15mins - 30mins
Total time: 60mins - 120mins
Cuisine: Malaysian & Singaporean
110g castor sugar
½ tsp grated rind of lemon or orange
½ tsp vanilla essence
1 egg yolk
100g cornflakes (crushed lightly)
125g self-raising flour
1 tbsp cornflour
- Preheat oven to 170°C.
- Using a mixer, cream butter, sugar and essence until the mixture turn light and fluffy.
- Beat in egg yolk and lemon rind. Then, use a spatula to fold in sifted flour. Mix well.
- Put mixture into the refrigerator to chill for 30 mins until it turns slightly firm.
- Drop teaspoonfuls (approx. 5-10g) of mixture onto the crushed cornflakes, and some cornflakes into the cookie dough.
- Shape into balls and place on lightly-greased baking trays. Bake in preheated oven at 170°C for 15-20 mins or until lightly golden in colour. Cool on wire racks before storing in airtight containers.