Cordyceps Ginseng Chicken Herbal Soup
A nourishing tonic with delectable savoury, herbal flavours. Enjoy a bowl of Cordyceps Ginseng Chicken Herbal Soup with this recipe. Recipe by Asian Inspirations.
Cooking Time: 60mins - 120mins
1 whole chicken (cut into bite-sized pieces) or 3 chicken Maryland pieces
20g dong chong xia cao (cordyceps)
10g pao shen (American ginseng slices)
20gm dang shen (codonopsis pilosulae)
20g yu zhu (polygonatum odoratum)
20g huai shan (dried Chinese yam)
20g gou qi (dried goji berries)
10g bei qi (astragalta)
2lt of water
Salt, to taste
- Rinse all herbs under running water.
- In a large pot, bring 2L of water to boil, add the chicken and all of the herbs.
- Turn down heat to low and let simmer for at least 2 hours. Remove all froth on the surface of the soup.
- Season with salt to taste, turn the heat back up and bring the soup to a boil before turning off the heat. Serve hot.
- If herb ingredients are not easily obtained, there are pre-packed Cordyceps Ginseng Herbal soup mix available at Asian grocery stores.