This creamy coconut pudding recipe is a pleasing dessert that can be made for parties. It is easy and delicious. Top with a light strawberry/mango compote for a flavour punch.
Cooking Time: 30mins - 60mins
Total time: 30mins - 60mins
280ml TCC Coconut Milk
395ml Evaporated Milk
3lt warm water
400g white sugar
150g corn flour
1 can UFC Lychees
- Soak agar-agar in 1.5lt of warm water for 15 mins. The agar-agar will settle to the bottom of the bowl in a watery paste. Drain the excess water from the top of the bowl, leaving the agar-agar.
- Blend corn flour, coconut milk and evaporated milk. Set aside.
- Boil 1.5lt of water in a saucepan, add agar-agar and sugar and continue boiling until dissolved.
- Add corn flour mixture slowly to the boiling water and stir constantly for about 3 mins.
- Pour mixture into oiled moulds. Place in refrigerator to chill.
- Before serving, cut the pudding into diamond shaped pieces, serve topped with lychees.
Hint: The amount of white sugar can be adjusted to taste.
Other fresh or canned fruit such as strawberries, peaches or mango can be used instead of lychees.