Cincalok Omelette (Eggs With Fermented Shrimp)
This quick and easy Nyonya egg dish uses cincalok - Malaccan fermented shrimp. Recreate this recipe for a twist on the classic omelette. Recipe by Asian Inspirations.
Total time: 15mins - 30mins
Cuisine: Malaysian & Singaporean
2 tbsp cincalok
1 red onion
1 red chilli
5 large eggs
¼ tsp pepper
4 tbsp oil
2 sprigs coriander
- Drain excess liquid from the 2 tbsp of cincalok. Then thinly sliced the red onion. Deseed the red chilli and thinly slice.
- Crack 5 large eggs into a mixing bowl and whisk. Add in the drained cincalok and ¼ tsp pepper. Mix well.
- In a pan, heat oil and saute chilli and red onions until soft.
- Then pour in egg mixture. When the base of the egg is set and firm, flip over to cook the other side.
- Dish out when omelette is cooked on both sides. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with lime and sambal belachan.