Steaming clams in a ginger infused broth is a beautiful way to cook this delicate seafood. Get this recipe for Chinese Steamed Ginger Clams. Recipe by Asian Inspirations.
1.5kg fresh clams
1 inch ginger (thinly julienned)
1 stalk spring onion (cut into 1 inch in length)
1 tbsp fried garlic oil
coriander (finely chopped)
½ tsp chicken stock powder
1 tbsp water
½ tsp salt
½ tsp sugar
½ tbsp light soy sauce
2 tbsp Shaoxing Chinese wine
1. In a bowl, mix all the seasoning ingredients together and set aside. Make sure all the ingredients are well mixed.
2. Place the clams on a suitably sized stainless steel deep dish plate. Make sure the plate deep enough to hold any juices that may come out of the clams.
3. Add the seasoning and ginger to the clams and mix well.
4. Add the spring onions and garlic oil and prepare the steamer.
5. Steam for about 15 mins or until cooked. Make sure the water is boiling before placing the plate of clams in the steamer.
6. When the clams are done, garnish with more coriander and spring onion. Serve hot with steamed rice.
Find your nearest Asian Store