Chicken and Char Siu Rolls Recipe
Chicken and Char Siu Rolls recipe is a fusion dish of spring rolls served with a Mediterranean/Middle Eastern-inspired dipping sauce of minted yoghurt.
Cooking Time: 15mins - 30mins
Total time: 15mins - 30mins
400g chicken breast fillets (cut into 6cm x 2cm strips)
4 tbsp Lee Kum Kee Char Siu Sauce
1 tbsp freshly grated ginger
7 sheets filo pastry
60g melted butter
¼ tsp toasted sesame seeds
1 cup natural yoghurt
2 tbsp chopped mint
1 tsp Lee Kum Kee Minced Garlic
1/4 tsp Paprika
salt and pepper (to taste)
- Combine together the char siu sauce and ginger.
- Cut the pastry sheets in thirds and brush with the melted butter. Make only 3 at a time and keep the filo covered with a slightly damp cloth.
- Place a piece of chicken onto each sheet, add a teaspoon of char siu sauce, roll up like a spring roll, brush with butter and sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds.
- Place onto a tray and bake in a pre-heated oven set at 185°C for 10 mins or until golden.
- To make the yoghurt sauce: combine together the yoghurt, mint, paprika and garlic. Season well and serve with the chicken rolls.
Enjoy this Chicken and Char Siu Rolls for a Chinese New year Reunion dinner treat.