Quick to prepare, and ideal for sharing with guests, this peppery and moderately spicy dish is one of Korea’s most popular dishes.
Cooking Time: 15mins - 30mins
Total time: 15mins - 30mins
100g Korean BBQ marinade
500g pork belly (thinly sliced)
150g onion or spring onion (sliced)
1-2 tbsp vegetable oil
1 head of lettuce (butter or cos lettuce)
Gochujang (hot pepper paste, for serving)
- Marinate beef and onions or spring onion with 100g Korean BBQ marinade, for at least 20 mins.
- Separate lettuce leaves and clean thoroughly
- Pre-heat a BBQ griller and grill the marinated beef and sliced onion or spring onion until cooked.
- Serve hot with rice and lettuce leaves.
- Place a lettuce leaf in your hand, add a small mound of rice, put some meat on top, and top it off with gochujang.
- Wrap the leaf around its contents to form a ball. Best to be consumed in one mouthful.
- Avoid making the ball too big otherwise, it will be messy to eat.