Galbijjim (Braised Beef Short Ribs)
Taste the amazing Korean sensation: Galbijjim! The braised beef short ribs are something delectable your taste buds will thank you for.
Cooking Time: 15mins - 30mins
Total time: 60mins - 120mins
1kg beef short ribs
1 onion sliced
2 small potatoes (2.5-3cm chunk)
2 carrots (2.5-3cm chunk)
3 dried jujubes (optional)
2 cup of water
½ tsp ground pepper
½ tsp sesame oil
spring onions (for garnish)
½ cup soy sauce
¼ cup brown sugar
½ tbsp corn syrup (mulyeot)
¼ cup mirin
2 cup water
1 tbsp cooking wine / rice wine
6 cloves of whole garlic
½ tbsp ginger (sliced)
- Boil the short ribs in boiling water for 7-8 mins, drain and rinse the meat, set aside.
- Mix all the sauce ingredients in a bowl.
- Take a large pot, put the clean beef ribs and add in the sauce mix. Boil it over medium heat for 20 mins.
- Add in onions, potatoes, carrots and jujubes and simmer for about 50 mins. Stir the beef and vegetables in between.
- Add the remaining ingredients, ground pepper and sesame oil, add in salt if you want saltier. Cook for another 10 mins.
- Serve with plain rice.