Beef and Curry Sauce Casserole
A thick but rich curry that is perfect for cold winter nights.
Cooking Time: 30mins - 60mins
Total time: 30mins - 60mins
Cuisine: Malaysian & Singaporean
500g topside steak (cut into thin strips)
1 tbsp Yeo's Sesame Oil
½ tsp fresh ginger (finely chopped)
2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
½ cup Yeo's Singapore Hot Curry Sauce
1 small onion (chopped)
1 tbsp corn flour
1 cup water
coriander (for garnish)
- Heat oil in a fry pan and add onion and ginger. Toss over medium heat for 2 mins or until onion is soft but not coloured.
- Add beef strips to fry pan and brown well on all sides.
- Mix frozen vegetables and curry sauce.
- Blend water and corn flour together and then add to meat mixture.
- Transfer all ingredients into 2lt casserole dish and cook in oven for 20 mins, on moderate heat (180°C). Garnish with coriander.
Hint: For a milder curry, substitute the Singapore hot curry sauce with Yeo’s mild Malaysian curry sauce.