COOK SNAP WIN 2018
EXPERIENCES - Side
1. Make sure your watercress has been washed thoroughly, watch out for any sand that might still be on the vegetables.
2. Blanch the watercress in a…
Siguemchi Namul (Korean Spinach Side Dish)
1. Blanch your prepared spinach in boiling salted water for 30-40 seconds. This should be enough to wilt the leaves. Immediately transfer them to…
Kerabu Timun (Spicy Cucumber Salad)
1. When the dried shrimp have soaked enough to be soft, coarsely chop them into smallish pieces.
2. Peel the cucumbers, and cut in half lengthwise.…
Japanese Pickled Ginger (Gari)
1. Scrape off the skin and brown spots on the ginger. Slice thinly using a peeler or a mandolin. Sprinkle ½ tsp salt (or to taste) over ginger slices…
Vietnamese Daikon And Carrot Pickles (Do Chua)
1. Cut carrots and daikon to sticks of desired length.
2. Sprinkle salt over carrot and daikon sticks and toss to mix well. Set aside for 15-30 mins.…
Chinese Steamed Egg
Crack three eggs into a large bowl. Lightly beat eggs and slowly add in water. Do not beat it too hard as air may develop in the egg.
Add seasonings and
Congyoubing (Spring Onion Pancake)
Thinly slice the spring onions, the mix with sesame oil and ½ teaspoon of salt. Set aside and refrigerate.
In a large bowl, mix the flour and ½ teas
Goi Ga Bap Cai (Vietnamese Chicken Salad)
Rub the chicken with salt and smashed ginger to remove the strong smell, then clean the chicken inside out with water.
To cook the chicken, bring wa
Kamaboko (Japanese Fish Cake)
to about 0.5cm thickness.
slices on a small plate with perilla leaves and salmon roe on the side.
Kazunoko (Herring Roe)
in cold water for 2 days, changing water once daily. Store in the refrigerator.
Gently remove membrane from the
Page 1 of 8
CNY 2016 WINNERS
Glenda Mc Donnell
Michael J Sabo
Find your nearest Asian Store
COOK SNAP WIN 2018
Win a 5-day culinary trip for two to Tokyo!
Sign up for an authentic Asian experience. From exotic cuisines to fascinating destinations to cooking competitions and monthly giveaways - Discover the Authentic
Leave this field empty if you're human: