Guava, a tropical fruit belonging to the myrtle family, is a high-nutrient fruit which is soft when ripe with a sweet musky aroma and creamy texture. Internally, its flesh varies in color, and may be white, pink, yellow, or red depending on the variety. Numerous tiny, semi-hard edible seeds are concentrated in the center of each fruit.
This ovoid or pear-shaped fruit which is highly rich in nutrients and has plenty of health benefits. It is often known as the super fruit because of its unique taste, flavour, and health promoting qualities. It is an evergreen, tropical shrub or low-growing small tree which can actually thrive in both dry and humid climates with a pinch of cold.
Apart from being used in several Asian recipes, Guava is consumed for its high nutrition value.
These are some of the claimed health benefits of guava (guava health benefits)
1. Rich in Vitamin C – Guava helps protect cells and strengthens the immune system with this vitamin.
2. Lesser Diabetes Risk and Cleaned System – The fruits fibre content lowers blood sugar levels, cleans the digestive system and maintains a free bowel movement.
3. Eye Health Improvement – Vitamin A or Retinol in the pulp helps with eye health.
4. Fertility Nutrition – Folate in the fruit helps promote fertility health in women.
5. Regulation of blood pressure levels – Potassium normalises blood pressure levels.
6. Copper Enriched – Guava’s trace element, copper helps good functioning of the thyroid gland.
7. Manganese Richness – Manganese acts as a catalyst in extracting nutrients from the food consumed.
8. Relaxant – Magnesium, the nervous relaxant eases tension in muscles and nerves.
9. Improves Complexion – Pink guava helps beautify the skin, thus enabling its radiance and freshness.
10. Anti-ageing Properties – Guava being is a rich source of vitamins A, B, C and potassium acts as good antioxidants and detoxifiers. They fight free radicals; keep the skin glowing and free from premature signs of ageing like wrinkles and fine lines.
Find your nearest Asian Store