This summer, get a power and nutrient boost with the herbal hibiscus tea that oozes with health benefits.
Summer is when most flowers bloom to glory and hibiscus is one of them. Did you know? Thai hibiscus tea is a powerhouse of antioxidants.
One cup of Thai hibiscus tea is enough to relieve you of stress, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, as well as aid digestion, boost the immune system, and a boon for inflammatory problems.
It has vitamin C and is known to fight against cancer and liver problems. What’s more? It also alleviates depression and menstrual pain.
Image Courtesy: Pixabay
Here is an all time easy 4 ingredient Thai Hibiscus herbal tea for summer.
Makes: 3-4 glasses
*Dried hibiscus flowers- 1/2 cup
Water- 5 cups
Sugar / honey- 4 tbsp
Concentrated Lime juice- 1 tsp
Mint/basil leaves – 2 sprigs( for garnishing)
1. In a saucepan, bring water to a boil and add the hibiscus flowers.
2. Once the water is infused with the hibiscus flavour and colours, add sugar/honey and stir until it is dissolved.
3. Add the lime juice and simmer for about 10-15 minutes.
4. Strain the flowers and transfer the liquid to another jar. Chill in the refrigerator for about 4-5 hours.
5. Serve it in a glass filled with ice and garnish with mint/basil.
*Note: You can gather the petals of hibiscus flowers and sun-dry them or you can also choose to buy them in specialty tea stores/grocery stores or online.
Find your nearest Asian Store