Kimchi is delicious all by itself, but here’s a way to fancy-up an already yummy meal to a cannot-live-without version. Try our 10 minute Kimchi pancake, and we assure you there’s no going back. Planning a meal with this Korean delicacy just got a lot easier.
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups water
1/2 tsp ground salt
1 large beaten egg
1Tbsp Kimchi liquid
80-100g ice cubes
2 green chillies
1 red chilli
Few tablespoons of canola oil
1. Sieve the flour with salt. Slowly add the water and whisk it well.
2. Beat the egg in a separate bowl and add it to the flour mixture.
3. Add Kimchi, Kimchi liquid and the two different types of chillies.
4. Mix the batter well (don’t use an electric mixture, though)
5. Add the ice cubes to keep the batter cold. This ensures the pancakes turn out crisp.
1. Place a flat pan on the stove, and add some oil to grease the entire pan. If you’re using a non-stick pan, go easy on the oil.
2. Pour the pancake batter using a deep ladle and evenly spread it out on the pan.
3. Reduce the flame to medium and close it with a lid to ensure even cooking on both sides of the pancake.
4. Turn is over once one side is 70% done.
5. After about 2 minutes, press down the pancake with a spatula. This will ensure there are no uncooked parts in the batter.
6. Take the cooked pancake off the pan. Chop into bite-sized pieces. Serve.
Find your nearest Asian Store