Ever wonder how a tea-soaked rice dish would taste like? Well, with Asian Inspirations, you can try it out it your own kitchen! While it may sound strange, this is a delicious traditional dish.
All you need is a bowl of rice, some unagi, spring onions and a few other Japanese ingredients to get started. We give you the simplest recipe to a simple 10 minute Chazuke. Plus a chance to WIN this Goodie Bag full of fun Japanese products!
1. Cooked white rice
2. Grilled unagi
3. Spring onions, finely chopped
4. Nori, roughly chopped
5. Barley tea
6. Sesame seeds
1. Fill a bowl with cooked white rice.
2. Place a portion of the grilled eel on top of the rice.
3. Sprinkle a handful of the finely chopped spring onions on top of the slice of eel.
4. Garnish with nori and sesame seeds.
5. Over the mixture of eel, spring onions and nori, pour cold barley tea, enough to soak the rice through. Your Chazuke is ready to serve!
6. Your chazuke dish is ready!
Find your nearest Asian Store