Wondering how to ward off the heat and keep yourself cool this summer? We have a game plan for you.
Why go restaurant hopping for beverages when you can make one of your own? Just dunk yourself in the coolest tea and you’ll feel as refreshing as ever. Read here to know how to make Thai iced tea in simple way.
Thai iced tea is a real thirst quencher during summer. It has an infusion of warm spices and the goodness of sweetened condensed milk along with a rich concoction of black tea.
Image courtesy: Pixabay
2.5 cups water
3 black tea bags/ tea powder
1 star anise
2 pods of cardamom
1 tablespoons sugar/ brown sugar
2 tbsp sweetened condensed milk*
1. In a saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add the star anise, cloves and cardamom along with the tea bags. Let the flavours release from the spices ( takes about 5-7 minutes).
2. Now filter the liquid using a strainer. Add sugar and stir until it is dissolved.
3. Let the tea cool down to room temperature. You can alternatively refrigerate it for about 15-20 minutes to cool faster.
4. Fill 2 tall glasses with ice cubes and pour the cooled tea until they are half full.
5. Finally, add the condensed milk to each of the glasses and stir quickly. You can find the orange and white hues filling the bottle. which is a sight to behold. Drink immediately.
*Note: You can also replace condensed milk with coconut milk/ almond milk if you are lactose intolerant.
Isn’t that just a breeze? Try this easy Thai Iced tea and let us know how it turned out for you.
Also check out these 10-minute easy summer coolers.
Find your nearest Asian Store