The People's Choice, has been created to represent the simple but delicious cuisine enjoyed in daily Chinese life. These delicious Shanghai Noodles are served with pickled lobok, rice and jasmine tea. A simple dinner for the last meal of the Year of the Rooster celebration for everyone to enjoy, in contrast to the Chairman's Feast from last week.
Pork & Marinade
500g pork, sliced into strips
1 tsp cornflour
1 tsp LKK Soy
1/2 tsp Dark Soy
1 tsp Shaoxing wine
1/2 tsp sugar
3 tbsp oil
8 shiitake mushrooms (soaked and sliced)
500g fresh Shanghai noodles
2½ tsp dark soy
2 ½ tsp soy
½ tsp sugar
1 bok choy, sliced
1 carrot, julienned
4 spring onions, cut into 5cm lengths
Pickled Lo Bok:
1 Lo Bok, julienned
2/3 cup rice wine vinegar
½ cup sugar
1 tsp salt
1. In a glass bowl, combine the pickled lo bok ingredients together. Let it rest for a minimum of 30 minutes before serving.
2. Combine pork and marinade, set aside for a minimum of 30 minutes.
3. In a wok, heat 1 tbsp oil until hot, add pork and cook until browned. Remove the pork and set aside.
4. Add remaining oil to wok and add mushrooms, cook for 2 minutes.
5. Loosen noodles with your hands, then add to wok. Add the soy and dark soy, along with the sugar, mix through to combine well. Then add the spring onion, carrot and the bok choy, cook for 1 minute.
6. Remove from wok and place into bowl. Serve with pickled lo bok and rice for a simple and delicious treat.
Best wishes for your Enjoyment!