500Gg pork spare ribs, thinly sliced
2 tablespoons ABC SCE sweet soy
1 teaspoon fish sauce
2 teaspoons sugar
½ teaspoon Chinese five spice
1-2 tablespoons oil
1 teaspoon Yeos pure sesame oil
½ cup water
1 tablespoon corn flour
1 clove garlic, crushed
Chilli to taste
1 onion sliced
2-3cm piece of ginger, peeled and grated
2 mushrooms quartered and then cut each piece halved
150g snow peas, sliced a couple of times diagonally
1 carrot sliced diagonally
1 red capsicum, thinly sliced
1 yellow capsicum, thinly sliced
2-3 spring onions, sliced diagonally
Coriander to taste
Toasted slithered almonds and or toasted sesame seeds
2 shallots to be slowly fried in some oil to dress the plate
FOR THE RICE
1 cup of jasmine rice
Drizzle of oil
Water, enough to cover the rice by 1 – 2 inches
1. Combine the soy sauce, sugar, five spice and fish sauce. Stir well and then add the thinly sliced pork belly making sure that all of the pork is well coated. Leave in fridge for a few hour or overnight if time permits.
ON THE DAY OF SERVING THE MEAL
2. Rinse the rice in a sieve under running water. Until the water runs clear.
3. Drizzle some oil into a Bessemer dish (if you have one) add the rice and fry, stirring to ensure
each grain of rice is coated. (about 5 mins) then add the water, put on the lid and open the vent turn the heat down to low and simmer for about 20 mins.
4. Heat a tablespoon of oil in a wok over medium – high heat. Stir fry pork in two batches, for 2 to 3 minutes. Take off heat and transfer to a bowl.
5. Heat the second table spoon of oil in the wok over high heat. Add the onions, ginger, carrots, capsicum and mushrooms, stir fry these ingredients for about 5 minutes. Add the pork, snow peas, a little chilli and the crushed garlic and fry for about a minute.
6. Now blend 1 table spoon of corn flour with ½ cup of water and a dash of oyster sauce. Pour this into the wok and stir for about 2 minutes. Drizzle ½ a teaspoon of sesame oil on top of the ingredients in the wok. Turn off the heat.
7. Press the rice down into ramekins and upturn the ramekins on to each plate. Lift off the ramekins carefully and you will be left with a moulded tower of rice.
8. Arrange the Sticky Pork Spare Rib stir fry onto each plate and garnish with as much coriander and spring onions as you like. Place some of the deep fried shallots on top of the rice and around the edge of the plate. Lastly sprinkle some toasted slithered almonds and toasted sesame seeds over the dish.