IngredientsBeef cheek and sweet potato red curry
- beef cheek x 800gr
- brown onion, peel and dice x 200gr
- sweet potato, cleaned and peeled x 200gr
- ginger, peeled and chopped x 30gr
- lemongrass, bruised and chopped x 1 stick
- garlic, peeled and chopped x 25gr
- long red chilli, deseeded and roughly chopped x 1
- thai red curry paste x 60gr
- vegetable oil x 30ml
- coriander, washed and picked x 1 bunch
- lime x 2 each
- coconut milk TCC x 400ml
- chicken stock x 200ml
- fish sauce, squid brand x 25 ml
- palm sugar x 50 gr
- kaffir lime leaf x 3 leaves
- fried shallots x 10gr
Hot n' sour slaw
- Chinese cabbage finely sliced x 200gr
- cucumber, deseeded finely sliced x 80gr
- red onion, finely sliced x 40gr
- carrot peeled and julienne cut x 40gr
- spring onion x finely sliced x 1/2 bunch
- long red chilli, deseed and jullienne cut x 1
- lime juice x 25ml
- fish sauce squid brand x 15ml
- palm sugar x 50gr
- toasted peanut x 50gr
MethodBeef cheek and sweet potato red curry
- add vegetable oil in heavy based pan on a medium heat and sauté onion until it becomes translucent and tender and then add, sweet potato, garlic, ginger, lemongrass and thai red curry paste and combine well.
- Cook the curry paste out for 3 minutes and then add the beef cheek and coat well with paste.
- Remove the beef cheek and curry paste from the heat and place into a pressure cooker with coconut milk, chicken stock, lime leaves, cook for 70min on low setting.
- Gently remove the beef cheek from the curry sauce, add fish sauce, palm sugar to tastes and then blitz with a wand blender till smooth.
- sever with beef cheek garnished with coriander leaves, fried shallots and lime cheek.
Hot n' sour slaw
- To make the dressing combine fish sauce, lime juice and palm sugar and mix till sugar is dissolved.
- combine all salad ingredients into a mixing bowl and toss with salad dressing,
- serve immediately and garnish with lots of chopped peanut