A combination of sweet and spicy Thai curry dish.
1. Duck breast or legs or ready to cook Peking duck from Coles 2 pieces
2. Coconut milk 1 tin
3. Ready to cook Red curry paste 2 table spoons
4. Lychees fresh or tin, halves 10 pieces
5. Berry eggplant or peas 30 pieces
6. Cherry tomato 7 - 8 tomatoes
7. Kaffir lime leave 6 leaves
8. Sweet basil 15 leaves
9.Sweet red chilly 1 thinly choped
10. Fish sauces 4 tablespoons
11. Melted Palm sugar 2 tablesppons
12. Melted Tamarind paste 5 teaspoons
For marinate the duck
1. Soy sauce 4 tablespoons
2. ABC Sweet soy sauce 3 tablespoons
3. Oyster sauce 3 tablespoons
4. Raw Sugar 2 tablespoons
Curry paste ingredients
1. Rosted Coriander seeds 1 tablespoon
2. Roasted Cumin seeds 1 teaspoon
3. Peppers 5
4. Red dry Chilles seed out and soaked in warm water rhen then dry out 10
5. Sea Salt 1 teaspoon
6. Finely chopped peeld Galangal 1 teaspoon
7. Finely trummed and chopped Lemongrass stalks 1 teaspoon
8. Grated Kaffir lime skin 1 teaspoon
9. Corainder stem 2 teaspoons
10. Peeled and choped Garlic 10 cloves
11. Peeled Shallots 5
12. Shrim paste 1 teaspoon
Red curry paste
1. To prepare curry paste. Toast the cumin and coriander seeds in a dry pan, toss them over a high heat for a few minutes till fragant. Put all the spices with remaining of its ingredients in food processor, blender or pestle and mortar then blend or pulse it till smooth.
2. To prepare the duck, marinate 2 pieces of duck with soy sauce, sweet soy sauce, Oyster sauce and raw sugar for 2 hrs.
3. Next heat the oven for 6 minutes then bake the marinated duck, skin side up in oven at 200°c for 25 minutes. If you use ready to cook Peking duck legs from Coles, warm up at 180°c for 20 minutes
3. Take the duck out of oven, fresh pieces of duck will be golden brown crisp skin
Slice the duck in lengthwise. In case of ready to cook Peking duck, take the skin off and slice then pulled the meat. Rest the slice duck in a warm plate.
4. Prepare Lychees, fresh ones will have to peel and take seed out.
5. Start cooking curry, firstly Red curry paste in the pot with medium heat until fragant. Pour half of coconut milk in curry paste. Stir to mix up. Low the heat. Till its dissolve and bring it to simmer.
6. Put berry eggplants or peas into the pot and cook for 8 minutes.
7. Pour another remaining of coconut milk in. Then add fish sauce. Dissolve Tamarind paste, should be filtered it out before mix into the pot. Add dissolve palm sugar.
8. Add the sliced or pull duck meats into curry. Cook for 10 minutes.
9.Bring the heat up. Add Lychees and whole tomatoes in. Then Tear Kaffir Lime Leaves in halves by hand then add into curry pot. Put Sweet basil leaves in last. Leave its for 3 minutes. Turn off the stove.
10.Garnished with choped sweet red chilly on top. Key flavour is balancing sweetness, saltiness and subtlety sourness. Perfect meal with steam Jasmin rice.
Find your nearest Asian Store