Tender Penang beef curry that’s full of flavour
500g diced beef
2 small brown onions, chopped
1 Tablespoon peanut oil
Half a jar of Valcom penang curry paste
400g TCC coconut milk
1 Tablespoon fish sauce
1 Tablespoon brown sugar
1 small red capsicum, chopped
1 small zucchini, chopped
150g green beans, chopped
Sliced red chili and coriander to garnish
1. Heat oil in frying pan or wok. Add onion and cook for 2-3min.
2. Add beef and cook until just browned on all sides.
3. Add curry paste and stir while cooking for 1-2 minutes.
4. Transfer meat mixture from frying pan to slow cooker. Add coconut milk, fish sauce and brown sugar. Stir to combine.
5. Cook in the slow cooker for 2-3 hours stirring occasionally.
6. Add remaining vegetables to the slow cooker and cook for a further hour.
7. Garnish with red chili and coriander. Serve with jasmine rice and roti bread.
Find your nearest Asian Store