Mild Lime infused Prawn and Tofu Laksa
500g Raw Shelled Prawns
1/2 cup Valcom Laksa Paste
2 ¼ cups of TCC Light Coconut Milk
1.25 Litres of Vegetable or Chicken Stock
1 -2 red chilies, seeded & chopped finley
¼ cup of Lime Juice
1 Tbsp Coconut or Brown Sugar
250g Dried Vermicelli Noodles
Handful of Vietnamese mint leaves, torn
2 Tbsp Coconut or Vegetable Oil
400g fresh Firm Tofu, cut into 3cm cubes
2-3 Carrots chopped
1 small Broccoli cut into small florets
1 Bok Choy, separated
3 cups Bean Sprouts
2 Green Onions, chopped finely
1. Heat a large saucepan (dry, no oil); cook laksa paste for 2-3 minutes until fragment. Stir in coconut milk, stock, chilli, lime juice, sugar and mint. Bring to boil. Simmer covered for 30 -35 minutes. After 15 min add carrots.
2. In the meantime boil the kettle, place dried noodles into a a large heatproof bowl and cover with boiling water. Leave uncovered until tender 6-7 minutes. Drain noodles when ready.
3. Heat oil in wok or fry pan and fry tofu until brown all over. Drain on paper towel.
4. Add prawns, broccoli & bok choy to laksa mixture. Cook for 5 minutes until or until prawns have changed colour. You want to keep the broccoli nice and crisp!
5. In a serving bowl add your desired amount of noodles and tofu. Ladle laksa soup into bowls, top with bean shoots, green onions, more chilli (if you like heat) and lime wedges - ENJOY!!
Note: This soup taste even better the next day after flavours infuse overnight. Recipe is for 4 servings.
Find your nearest Asian Store