Filipino dish made of taro leaves and coconut milk
50g dried taro leaves
2 cans TCC coconut milk
salt and pepper
Pork belly (chopped to strips)*
Onion and garlic (chopped)
*minced pork or smoked fish can be used too.
Original recipe is with chilli but I don't like spicy food so I skipped it.
1. Fry pork until cooked and render the fat. Set aside but keep the rendered oil in the pan.
2. Using the same oil, sauté garlic and onion then mix in the pork.
3. Pour in coconut milk and let it boil in low heat.
4. Sprinkle salt and pepper.
5. Mix in the taro leaves.
6. Simmer and mix every now and then for 10 minutes until the taro leaves to absorb the coconut milk.
Find your nearest Asian Store