Silky soft udon noodles with tender juicy pork.
2 packets of Obento udon noodles (2x 200g)
450g of pork meat (sliced)
2 bunches of baby Gailan
1 tbs of minced ginger
2 cloves of chopped garlic
1 large red onion (sliced thinly)
2 tbs of ABC kecap manis
1 tbs of light soy sauce
2 tbs of oyster sauce
1 teaspoon sugar
2 tbs peanut oil
A few dashes of sesame oil
White pepper to taste
1. Blanch the udon noodles in hot water for about 10 minutes (till the noodles are loosen).
2. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a wok in high heat. Stir in the ginger, garlic and onion till golden brown and fragrant.
3. Add the pork and stir fry till pork is thoroughly cooked.
4. Toss in the baby Gailan and give a quick stir for about 2 minutes.
5. Drain the udon noodles and stir into wok.
6. Add kecap manis, oyster sauce, light soy sauce and sugar. Give it a good stir for 5 minutes till all mixed through.
7. Turn off heat. Add a few dashes of sesame oil and a generous amount white pepper to taste.
8. Serve hot with some chopped chillies if desired.
Find your nearest Asian Store