A meal prepared for special occasions.
200gms sirloin beef sliced into thin strips approx 5cm long
100gms open top mushrooms
1 Lebanese cucumber
2 Tablespoons Soy Sauce,
1 Tablespoon Kecap Manis
1 Tablespoon Sesame Oil,
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon wholegrain mustard,
1 Tablespoon Pineapple Juice,
1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar,
1 Tablespoon pine nuts powder
2 Teaspoons water
1/2 Cup plain flour,
1/2 teaspoon cornflour,
1/2 cup of water,
1/2 teaspoon salt,
1 egg white
Mix all the marinade ingredients together in a bowl - to this add the shredded beef & stir well. Set aside to marinate whilst you prepare the vegetables.
- Slice just the head of the mushrooms into thin slices approx 0.1cm wide,
- Slice both the cucumber & carrot into 5 cm long, thick matchsticks -approx 0.1cm thick,
- Take the skin off the zucchini & cut into 5 cm long strips - 0.1cm thick,
- Separate the 2 egg whites from the 2 yolks - Pan fry the yolk & whites separately into a thin omelette. Shred the 2 omelettes into 0.1cm thick & 5cm long pieces.
Mix all of the pancake ingredients into a smooth batter,
Pre heat a frying pan with a little oil of your choosing. Pour 1 Tablespoon of batter into the pan & gently use the spoon to smooth the batter into a thin pancake with a 6cm diameter. Do this with all of the batter. Flipping the pancakes - being careful not to brown them too much.
Panfry the rest of the ingredients separately -
* Beef 2-3 minutes on medium heat
*Mushrooms 2-3 minutes on medium heat
* Carrot 1 minute high heat
* Zucchini 1 minute high heat
* Cucumber 30 seconds high heat
-Mix all of the ingredients for the mustard sauce together into a runny sauce. There is normally some sauce left from when the beef & marinade have been cooked.
-Place the pancakes into the middle of your plate & then arrange the fillings around the outside.
Use 1 pancake & add onto it just 1 strip of each of your desired filling, top with sauce of your choice. Then pop it all into your mouth in one go :D
Find your nearest Asian Store