Fragrant chicken curry with a homemade spice blend
Chicken Thigh Fillets
Coconut cream or milk
1. Dice chicken thighs.
2. Slice onion and crush garlic.
3. Measure all spices.
4. Toast the chilli powder, coriander seeds, cumin, caraway and cardamom until fragrant.
5. Remove from heat and grind in a mortar and pestle.
6. Rub into the chicken.
7. Fry the garlic and onion in olive oil until translucent and add the chicken and whole spices (bay leaf, cinnamon quill and cloves). Cook until chicken is just cooked through.
8. Add canned tomatoes and cook out.
9. Finish with coconut milk/cream.
10. Meanwhile, boil the water and add the basmati rice, saffron strands, cinnamon quill, clove and bay leaf. Cook on medium low until cooked through.
11. Serve with coriander.
Find your nearest Asian Store