300g (10.6oz) gluten free all-purpose flour
150g (5.3oz) rice flour
125g (4.4oz) coconut sugar
4½ teaspoons baking powder
400ml TCC premium coconut milk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1.Sift the gluten free all-purpose flour, rice flour and baking powder into a large mixing bowl and whisk and mix well. Then sift in all the coconut sugar and whisk and incorporate well.
2. Add in all the coconut milk and vanilla extract into another large mixing bowl, whisk and mix well.
3. Slowly, add the mixed dry ingredients gradually into the wet ingredients (coconut milk and vanilla extract only) and adding water gradually at the same time. Whisk and mix well until you get the right consistency.
For steaming the cakes:
4. Heat up a large wok filled with half full of water, place a rack onto the wok and place the non-stick mini pudding moulds onto the steaming rack.
5. Add cupcake patty pans or muffin liners into the mini pudding moulds. Fill the patty pans or muffin liners with the batter up until nearly reaching the edges of the patty pans or muffin liners.
6. Cover the wok with wok lid and bring the water to a boil. Once boiling, steam the cakes for around 25 minutes on high heat. Do not open the lid until end of cooking time.
7. Remove cakes from the steamer and allow to cool slightly on a cooling rack before serving them warm or at room temperature.
Find your nearest Asian Store