Spicy marinated chicken with noodles and broth
500g Chicken (breast sliced or thigh pieces)
- Marinade -
3 tablespoons hot chilli sauce
1 teaspoon sesame oil
2 teaspoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon sugar
- Chilli sauce for broth -
1 bottle hot chilli sauce
2 teaspoons sugar
4 tablespoons brown vinegar
5 tablespoons fish sauce
2 x 1L salt reduced chicken stock (or homemade chicken broth)
- Other ingredients -
2 Red chillies
1) Cut chicken into bite size pieces.
2) Create marinade by mixing 3 tbsp hot chilli sauce, 1 tsp sesame oil, 2 tsp soy sauce, 1 tsp sugar together in container/bowl.
3) Add chicken pieces to marinade mix and coat all pieces.
4) Cover and let marinade for at least 30mins
5) Prepare fresh ingredients - cut lime into wedges, slice onion, cut chilli into pieces, cut spring onion into pieces.
6) Prepare sauce for broth - combine bottle of hot chilli sauce, 2 tsp sugar, 4 tbsp brown vinegar and 5 tbsp fish sauce and set aside.
7) Cook the marinaded chicken in a non stick frypan and set aside.
8) Heat 2L of chicken stock (or homemade broth) until boiling. As soon as boiling occurs, remove from heat.
9) Add small amounts of the sauce in step 6 to the broth until reaching desired spice level.
10) Prepare noodles as per pack instructions.
11) Add noodles to bottom of deep bowl.
12) Add chicken pieces, chilli, spring onions, red onion and lime wedges on top of noodles.
13) Ladle in enough spicy chicken broth to cover noodles and partly cover top ingredients.
14) Add some fresh coriander for flavour and freshness.
** Tip for varied tastes - add more of the chilli sauce made in step 6 to individual bowls for extra spice!
Find your nearest Asian Store