Family Friendly Chicken Curry with Steamed Rice.
1kg Chicken Breast, diced.
1 jar Valcom Yellow Curry Paste
1 Tbsp Olive oil
1 can coconut milk.
2 Tbsp Squid Fish Sauce.
1 Can Water Chest Nuts
1 Can Bamboo Shoots
1 carrot thinly sliced.
1 large potato diced.
8 broccoli flowerettes
2 Cups Long Grain Rice, Steamed.
I am a big fan of keeping things quick and easy and also making double to get me through two nights. This recipe is for 6-8 people or a family of 3-4 for two nights, depending on the serving sizes you like.
Preparation: Have rice in rice cooker... 2 cups rice to 3 1/2 cups of water, and all vegetables sliced/diced, ready to go.
1. Heat oil in wok.
2. Add jar of Volcom Yellow Curry Paste and stir for 2 mins.
3. Add chicken and stir into curry paste until browned or cooked through.
4. Add coconut milk and fish sauce until it starts to boil.
5. Add potato and simmer for 5 minutes or until the potato starts to soften and then add other vegetables.
6. Cover and simmer for approx. 10 mins or until cooked through.
Serving: Serve equal parts rice into bowls, adding curry to centre of each serving. Sprinkle with Kaffir lime leaves for presentation. Pair with Richmond Grove Watervale Riesling 2013 (Leave this step out for the kids)!
Find your nearest Asian Store