Tasty little bites for canapes or lunch.
1 bunch coriander finely chopped
500g chicken mince
1/4 cup of Lee Kum Kee Oyster Sauce
1 tbs Squid Brand Fish Sauce
250 ml TCC Coconut Milk
Salt and ground pepper to taste
1 long fresh red chilli finely sliced
Splash of lime juice
Wrap in fresh lettuce leaves
Fresh coriander leaves
Finely sliced chilli
Toasted desiccated coconut
Wedges of lime
Sweet Chilli Sauce:
1.5 cups water
1 cups palm sugar
2 fresh red chillis - thinly sliced
2 fresh green chillis - thinly sliced
1 garlic clove - crushed
1 large fresh coriander roots - roughly chopped
1 lemon grass stems
the juice of 1 lime
Chicken, Chilli & Coriander Bites
1. Combine chicken mince, garlic, oyster and fish sauce, coriander and chilli
2. With a spatula blend together so the ingredients become a smooth paste
3. Add coconut milk (small amount at each time) blending with a spatula. You may not need all the Coconut Milk (you be the judge)
4. To test the flavour cook a small amount in a frypan over medium heat. Adjust taste with seasoning such as salt and pepper of extra oyster sauce
5. With wet hands, form into bite-size balls then gently fry in a non-stick pan with a teaspoon of vegetable oil for approximately 2 minutes on each side until firm to touch. Alternatively, place a tablespoon of mixture in a small non-stick muffin pan, cook in 180-degree oven for 10 minutes. Rest for 5 minutes then fry in medium-hot frypan to slightly brown.
Fresh Sweet Chilli Sauce
1. Add water, chilli, sugar, garlic, coriander and lemongrass in a medium saucepan.
2. Boil uncovered for 10 minutes
3. Reduce heat to medium and simmer uncovered for 25 minutes
4. Remove from heat and stir in the lime juice. Set aside to cool.
Serve Bites in fresh lettuce leaves with sauce, fresh coriander, chilli and coconut.
Find your nearest Asian Store