A fusion dish for another prosperous CNY
12 medium size prawn ("ha") for happiness
4 slices of cheddar cheese for smiles
1 packet of soba noodles for longevity
1 bunch of asparagus
2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped (for golden treasures)
1 spring onion, finely chopped
1 chilli for garnish
1 tsp of soya sauce
1 tsp of sesame oil
1 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
Vegetable oil for cooking garlic
1. Pre-heat grill to 180C.
2. Clean & devein prawns, remove shells, leave heads and tails intact
3. Place prawns on lined tray. Cut cheese to long strips to cover the prawns. Place some strips under prawns as well.
4. Put prawns under grill for 8-10 minutes until the prawns are cooked.
5. Meanwhile, blanch asparagus in boiling water for 2 minutes.
6. Cook the soba noodles according to the packet instructions.
7. Once the prawns are cooked, place them on a plate.
8. Put the cooked soba noodles quickly in the baking tray to soak up all the prawn juice in the baking tray.
9. Add soya sauce, sesame oil & extra virgin olive oil to the noodles.
10. Heat oil and place chopped garlic until golden. Drizzle the oil & garlic over prawns. Garnish prawns with spring onion, chilli.
11. Serve prawns with soba noodles & asaparagus.
Find your nearest Asian Store