Photo courtesy: Pixabay[post_title] => 8 Facts About Thai Food Culture That Will Leave You Surprised [post_excerpt] => Here are 8 Facts About Thai Food Culture That Will Leave You Surprised. There’s so much we hear and see about Thai food which is intriguing and not known to us. [post_status] => publish [comment_status] => closed [ping_status] => closed [post_password] => [post_name] => 8-facts-about-thai-food-culture-that-will-leave-you-surprised [to_ping] => [pinged] => [post_modified] => 2017-11-29 16:52:40 [post_modified_gmt] => 2017-11-29 05:52:40 [post_content_filtered] => [post_parent] => 0 [guid] => https://asianinspirations.com.au/?post_type=asian-culture&p=39737 [menu_order] => 0 [post_type] => asian-culture [post_mime_type] => [comment_count] => 0 [filter] => raw )
Thai food is one of the most popular of Asian cuisines in the world since it suits all kinds of tastes and incorporates five fundamental flavours in it.
Here are 8 Fascinating Facts About Thai Food Culture That Will Leave You Surprised
1. Thai cuisine is a perfect blend of flavours – salty, sweet, sour, bitter and spicy. Almost every Thai dish combines all these five tastes.
3. Thai cuisine is so popular around the world that, two Thai dishes – Pad Thai (stir-fried noodles) and Tom Yum Goong (Spicy and Sour Shrimp soup) – are available in every corner of the world.
4. Thai people never waste rice on the plate or step on rice because they consider rice as sacred and believe that every grain of rice has a divine element in it.
5. There is no such a thing is baking in Thailand. None of the food is baked, and most households don’t have an oven.
6. Eating a meal is generally treated as a celebration, therefore, it’s quite common to see large groups of individuals eating together. Thai culture treats eating alone as a bad luck gesture hence, all dishes have to be shared and enjoyed together.
7. Thai cutlery generally consists of a fork and a large spoon (tablespoon). The use of chopsticks arises only when eating noodles.
8. The formal presentation of food is an important aspect of Thai food culture. It was developed primarily in the palace to please the King of Siam, Thai food presentation is among the most exquisite in the world with elaborately designed cutlery and wares.
Photo courtesy: Pixabay
Find your nearest Asian Store