- Add the soy, mirin, sugar, ginger and garlic to a small saucepan and place over a medium heat. Bring to boil, reduce the heat to low and simmer to thicken slightly, approximately 6-7 mins. Taste and adjust seasoning if required. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Dice the tofu into large bite-sized pieces.
- Heat 2 tbsp of olive oil in a wok or fry pan over high heat until shiny. Fry the tofu in batches until golden and crisp along the edges, approximately 3-5 mins. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside on paper towel to absorb excess oil. Return the wok or fry pan to the heat, add two shallots thinly sliced and 1 large chilli chopped.
- Next add the broccoli stalks and florets with 2 tbsp of water to help steam the greens, stirring continuously until fork tender, approximately 3 mins. Add the snow peas and toss to warm through for a further 1 minute.
- Return the tofu to the pan, along with remaining teriyaki sauce and stir until warmed through. Remove from the heat, add the sesame seeds and toss to combine. Divide into serving bowls, add a garnish of fresh coriander and serve with rice if preferred.
- If you have a deep fryer at home – Set the fryer to 180°C and wait until hot. Lift up the basket to avoid splashing into the oil to place in diced tofu, lower the basket into the hot oil. Leave for approximately 4-5 mins or until golden and crisp along the edges. Remove from the basket and set aside on paper towel to absorb excess oil.