- Mix the yam, jicama, white turnip, carrot, ½ cup of cornflour, rice flour, roasted peanuts, white pepper, five spice powder, sugar, salt and sesame oil together properly. Leave to the side for 10 mins.
- Combine the 1 tbsp of cornflour and the 1½ tbsp water in a small bowl as this will act as the sealant for the rolls.
- Scoop ½ cup of the filling onto the beancurd sheet and apply the sealant on the borders of the beancurd sheet. Pull one of the long sides over the filling, push in the sides and roll into a cylindrical shape. Repeat with the other beancurd sheets.
- Steam the rolls for 30 mins.
- Remove and let it cool fully. Chill it in the fridge overnight to let it set properly.
- Remove from the fridge and cut into 2.5cm thick slices diagonally.
- Over medium heat, heat up some cooking oil in a pan. Fry the rolls until they appear golden brown and crispy. Once out of the pan, use a paper towel to absorb any excessive oil and serve with chilli oil.