- Place the glass noodles in to a bowl of water for 10 mins to soften. Once they have started to become transparent, remove them from the water and cut into smaller sections for the filling.
- Wash the bitter gourd and cut off both of the ends. Cut the bitter gourd in to smaller section about 4cm long. Use a teaspoon to remove the seeds and core of the bitter gourds before coating them in salt for 15 mins to help reduce the bitterness.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the pork mince, coriander roots, garlic, fish sauce, soy sauce, oyster sauce, sugar and black pepper and mix well before adding the glass noodle sections. Let the filling marinate for 10 mins.
- Rinse the bitter gourds to get rid of the excess salt and stuff with the pork filling. Ensure that each section is entirely filled to ensure that the filling pork doesn’t fall out.
- Boil the vegetable stock in a pot and add the coriander. Add the bitter gourds, carrots and mushrooms before closing the lid and simmering for 20-30 mins depending on how soft you want the bitter gourds to be.