- Add chicken spare ribs into a large mixing bowl. Add sugar, salt, pepper and Shaoxing wine. Cover with cling wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 mins.
- Heat oil in a pot or deep fryer to about 160°C.
- Add egg into the marinated chicken and stir to combine.
- Add potato starch into a bowl. Coat chicken spare ribs with the potato starch.
- Deep fry chicken spare ribs until golden brown. Drain on paper towel and set aside.
- Steam salted egg yolks for 10 mins. Allow to cool slightly, then mash well with a fork.
- Heat oil and butter in a pan over medium heat.
- Add the mashed yolks and fry off until foamy. Add garlic and ginger and fry until fragrant.
- Add fried chicken into the pan and stir through the sauce.
- Remove from the pan, garnish with coriander and serve with rice.