- Preheat an oven to 220°C.
- Salt the skin of the pork and place it on top of a grilling rack over a baking tray of water.
- Place the pork belly into the oven and roast for 1½ hrs or until the skin has become crispy and the meat is tender. Top up the water if it runs out.
- In a saucepan, melt the sugar until it becomes golden in colour.
- Add the garlic and chillies and allow to become slightly fragrant before adding the vinegar and cooking until well incorporated.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the fish sauce and lime sauce and mix well.
- When the pork belly has cooked, remove from the oven and allow to rest for 15 mins. Cut into cubes.
- To serve, skewer the cucumber, pork belly and mint leaves and drizzle with the sauce.