- Mix all the marinade ingredients and marinade the pork ribs for 1 hr in the refrigerator. Take out and bring the marinated pork ribs to room temperature.
- In a wok or cast-iron pan, heat about 2cm oil over medium heat. Just before frying, mix in additional 2 tbsp corn starch to the pork ribs if you’d like the pork to be crispier. Fry the pork ribs in batches for about 5-8 mins each batch until golden browned. Drain fried pork ribs on a wire rack.
- In the same wok, remain about 1 tsp of oil used for frying the pork earlier. Add in all the sauce ingredients except salt and sugar. Bring the sauce to a boil over medium heat. Stir occasionally, until sauce starts to thicken. Then add in salt and sugar according to taste if needed.
- Over medium high heat, toss in the fried pork ribs and stir to coat each piece with the sauce.
- Transfer to serving plate and garnish with sesame seeds and some coriander leaves. Serve immediately with steamed rice.