- Process the prawn flesh together with salt and sake in a food processor until you get a smooth paste.
- Transfer to a mixing bowl and mix in the grated mountain potato, onion, egg, and potato flour.
- Mix the ingredients well then chill the mixture in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- You’ll need an oil or candy thermometer for this as the frying temperature is key to getting a well fried fritter.
- Heat up enough oil in a wok to 170°C. Shape the prawn mixture into balls and roll in the shiso leaves.
- Drop the balls into the heated oil and deep-fry until the prawn is cooked all the way through. You’ll also want the shiso leaves to be crispy, but still retain their color.
- Remove the seeds from the umeboshi and finely chop the flesh. Serve the prawn fritters with the chopped umeboshi flesh.