- Mix ingredients well and adjust seasoning to desired taste.
- Rub hands with some cooking oil and divide the paste into 4 portions.
- Roll each portion into cylinder-shaped rolls of about 5-7cm in diameter
- Steam for about 45 minutes on medium heat or until they are firm and looks slightly transparent.
- Allow to cool and where desired lightly colour the outside red with some permitted food colouring
- Refrigerate until the dough is firm enough for slicing.
- Cut into thin slices of 2 –3mm thickness and spread onto a baking tray lines with baking paper.
- Pre-heat oven at 100 degrees and bake for about 1.5 hrs.
- Turn the cracker slices after 20 mins to ensure they are evenly baked.
- When baked, let it cool then store in an airtight container.
- Deep fry for about 30 secs until they puff up crispy.
- Drain excess oil on paper towel and serve