- Combine half of the tamarind paste with 100 ml of the water and pour the solution over the fish. Let marinate for about 10 minutes.
- In a blender or food processor, blend the garlic, shallots, ginger and chillies until they form a rough paste. Set this aside and combine the curry powder with about 3 tbsp of water to make a curry paste.
- In a wok, heat up 4 tbsp of oil and salute the curry leaves until they become fragrant. Add in the mustard and fenugreek seeds.
- Continue to sauté until the mustard seeds begin to pop before adding the blended paste and curry paste. When the oil has begun to separate from the paste, add in the toasted rice flour and the rest of the water.
- Bring the mixture to a boil before adding in the fish, eggplant and okra. Reduce the mixture to a simmer and cook the fish for about 10 minutes. When the fish has cooked, remove it from the wok and add in the leftover tamarind paste, salt and sugar and let simmer for another 40 minutes.
- When the curry has thickened, return the fish to the wok and bring the curry up to a boil again. Once it begins to boil, remove it from the heat and serve!