- Debone the chicken leg quarters, keep the skin on. Keep the bones to make the homemade stock.
- Add chicken bones, water and ginger in a small pot. Bring to a boil and simmer over low heat for at least 1 hour.
- Rinse the de-boned chicken and pat thoroughly dry with a paper towel.
- Sprinkle the chicken with ¼ teaspoon salt. Roll up the chicken lengthwise, and then wrap with cling wrap, twisting both sides to form a candy-like bundle.
- Steam the chicken in the wrap over high heat for 20 mins. Turn off the heat and let the chicken sit in the steamer for another 5 mins with the lid tightly closed.
- Transfer the wrapped chicken into an ice bath and wait for 10-15 mins until the chicken is completely cool.
- Meanwhile, in a non-reactive container, add the chicken broth, Shaoxing wine, sugar, salt and wolfberries to make the brine.
- Unwrap the chicken and place in the brine. Cover and refrigerate for 24 hours.
- Slice and serve cold or at room temperature.