To Make Dashi Stock
- Mix water and bonito powder in a pot, bring to boil and set aside.
To Make Curry
- Heat oil in a pot, sauté onion until soft, then add the carrots and potatoes. Stir for 2-3 mins, add the pork and cook until almost done.
- Pour in dashi stock and bring to boil, then lower the heat to medium and simmer for 5 mins. Turn off the heat.
- Add the curry roux blocks through a strainer and break with spoon to melt the curry roux completely.
- Cook the curry over medium heat, stirring to avoid getting burnt. Turn off the heat after 10 mins or until vegetables are cooked through and soft. Add soy sauce and salt to taste.
- In a serving bowl, place udon noodles and ladle curry with pork and vegetables over the noodles. Garnish with spring onions and sesame seeds. Serve hot.